By Ed Mendenhall for synthetic-ice-reviews.com
This is a quick primer if you are just starting your search on synthetic ice reviews. Here’s a quick list for learning more about synthetic ice pros and cons. Watch these videos to see how synthetic ice is installed and how it performs:
Advantages of Synthetic ice
- Rinks can be any size
- Use inside and outside
- Rinks can be set up virtually anywhere, basements, garages, back yards, auditoriums, malls, parking lots, etc
- Rinks are portable, they can be set up and taken down or moved in minutes
- Rinks can be used all year round in any climate.
- Never melts
- Skate anytime without restriction or wait.
- Much less maintenance than real ice
- No expensive refrigeration
No expensive ice resurfacing equipment
No expensive ice rental fees
- ?Synthetic ice with it’s slightly greater friction will improve skaters performance on real ice.
Disadvantages of Synthetic Ice
- More friction than real ice.
- Can’t duplicate feel of real ice 100%.
- Varying degrees of white powder residue produced.
- ?Long term safety of airborne powder residue